Entertainment

King Charles III breaks silence after cancer diagnosis: ‘Your kind thoughts are the greatest comfort’



King Charles III speaks publicly for the first time since Buckingham Palace announced his appointment as king on February 5 diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement released on Saturday, the 75-year-old monarch thanked his supporters for the well-wishes he received following news of his health.

“I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for the many supports and well wishes I have received in recent days,” the king said in a statement. Released by Buckingham Palace.

“As anyone who has been affected by cancer knows, kind thoughts like this are the greatest comfort and encouragement.”

“It’s also heartening to hear how sharing my own diagnosis has helped to promote public understanding and shine a light on the work of all organizations supporting people with cancer and their families in the UK and wider world.”

In a statement released by Buckingham Palace on Saturday, the king thanked supporters for their well-wishes. Getty Images

“Because of my own personal experience, I have a lifelong admiration for their tireless care and dedication,” he continued.

The king’s cancer diagnosis was first announced on Monday, a week after he left a London clinic where he had received cancer treatment Prostate hypertrophy January 26th.

He spent three days at the clinic before being released.

“I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for the many supports and well wishes I have received in recent days,” he said. Getty Images
“As anyone affected by cancer knows, kind thoughts like this are the greatest comfort and encouragement,” he said in a lengthy statement. Getty Images

Buckingham Palace said in a statement earlier this week: “During the King’s recent hospital surgery for benign prostatic hyperplasia, a separate issue was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests identified a form of cancer.”

“His Majesty has today begun a regular treatment programme, during which doctors have advised him to postpone his public duties. During this period, His Majesty will continue to conduct state affairs and official paperwork as usual.”


More you’ll love from Page Six…


“The King thanks his medical team for their prompt intervention, thanks to his recent hospital surgery. He remains fully positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duties as soon as possible,” the statement read.

After his cancer was revealed, Prince Harry flew to England for a brief 45-minute visit with his father. AFP via Getty Images

“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope that it will help educate the public about all people living with cancer around the world.”

Prince Harry flew to England to be with his estranged father after news of his cancer was revealed.

The 39-year-old has had a rocky relationship with his father since. Give up royal duties In 2020, he landed at London’s Heathrow Airport on Tuesday before making a “quick visit” to Clarence House in the afternoon to see Charles, Page Six has learned exclusively.

Prince William also released a statement thanking the family’s supporters for their heartfelt messages. Getty Images

Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, remains at home in Montecito, California; their two children4-year-old Prince Archie and 2-year-old Princess Lilibet.

after one day Prince Harry visits Charles in EnglandHarry’s brother, Prince William issued a statementSaid he was grateful for the support he and his family received after Charles and his wife Kate Middleton were diagnosed with cancer, abdominal surgery.

“I also want to take this opportunity to say thank you for the support you have shown to Catherine and my father, especially in recent days. It means a lot to all of us,” he said at a gala on Wednesday.London air ambulance charity, based on Videos shared on X.

Buckingham Palace has not revealed what type of cancer Charles has been diagnosed with. Getty Images

The Prince of Wales, 41, joked: “It’s fair to say there’s been quite a bit of focus over the past few weeks, so I wanted to get away from it all by doing an air ambulance event.”

Buckingham Palace has not revealed what type of cancer Charles has been diagnosed with.

However, the Daily Mail reported that his Prognosis “good” His cancer was discovered “very early.” The king even seemed in good spirits He left Clarence House with Queen Camilla on Tuesday morning.





Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button